Chapter 8 Compliant Barriers
Construction work or road works that are carried out on public roads have to comply with Chapter 8 of the
Traffic Signs Manual. Otherwise the work being carried out will be deemed illegal and of unnecessary risk to
employees and the general public. Border Barriers is experienced in assembling Chapter 8-compliant solutions
and supplies various barriers and other products as required.
View our range of Chapter 8 barriers below, which we supply all over the
UK, available for purchase or hire:
- Gate Safety Barrier -
comes in orange by default, but can be manufactured in corporate colours as extension of branding. Easy to
connect multiple units to form a highly visible barrier system of your desired length. Comes with reflective
- Endura Safety and Security Fence
- a robust alternative to anti-climb fencing that can be attached to steel mesh fencing already in use.
Perfect for providing protection from deep or potentially hazardous excavations.
- BBS Olympic Barrier - a
safety enclosure to ensure employees and members of the public are safe from open manholes with anti-trip feet.
The barrier folds flat for easy transport and can be assembled in a variety of configurations.
- Watchman Safety Enclosure
- weighted bases fit over the uprights of this barrier, to ensure the system cannot be easily dismantled and
remains in place when unattended.
- BBS Composite Barrier - an
easy to move self-contained safety enclosure, ideal for use around temporary excavations.
- BBS Road Rock - a
multifunctional barrier base, and the first of its kind that makes temporary pedestrian barriers stable enough
to withstand wind speeds of 17.6m/s (Class B).
- BBS Wonderwall -
these versatile self-weighted plastic barriers
can easily be used with existing barrier systems and are ideal
for temporary traffic works.
- Strongwall 1000 Safety Barrier
- this self-weighted Chapter 8 road barrier is ideal for protecting pedestrians from moving vehicles and
excavations by creating safe pedestrian walkways.
- BBS Postman Barrier - temporary lamps can be attached to this lightweight road barrier giving it extra visibility.
Chapter 8 of the Department for Transport’s Traffic Signs Manual contains guidelines for safety when operating on roads. The guidelines require that it is made clear where work is being carried out and that adequate measures are there to maintain both pedestrians and vehicles.
Why use Border Barriers?
- Next day delivery and installation - we have an extensive stock of Chapter 8 products and with our ‘QuickSafe’ delivery service we will deliver and install for you the very next day using our own fleet of vehicles.
- Flexibility - whether Chapter 8 barriers are required for one day or to keep, we will help. Every product we stock is available for both hire and purchase to suit your needs.
- Proven products - all products manufactured and supplied by Border Barriers are tested and approved to Highways Agency and Chapter 8 standard for road, construction site and street work safety. Our products have been used at highly successful events like the 2012 London Olympics and Glastonbury Festival.
We understand it can be difficult working out exactly how to make your project comply with Chapter 8 regulations, so as well as supply you with what you need, our friendly and dedicated representatives are more than happy to help work out the best solution for your project. Get in touch today to find out more about our Chapter 8 barriers. Give us a call on 01228 675 764 for a faster response.