Precast concrete barriers are incredibly heavy and provide a sturdy and stable solution when maximum protection is required. Weighing 1000s of kilograms, they are not easily displaced and so are excellent at protecting against vehicle collisions. We have a number of appropriate products in different specifications and sizes depending on your requirement.
Border Barriers supplies the following products all over the UK and Europe, available for purchase or hire:
Versatile products ideal for use on verges and central reservations. As well as this, they also double as bases for secure fencing and hoarding.
These products interlock, so multiple units are easy to put together to form a heavy duty system. With a weight of 1450kg they are not easily budged.
Each block comes with its own lifting pin, making movement easy despite their 2400kg weight.
These ballast blocks weigh 2000kg and are ideal for blocking entrances and providing site security.
A self weighted concrete barrier is suitable for a number of safety and security applications, including:
- Use on highways, where they can curb potential damage caused if a fast-moving vehicle goes astray. With their immense weight and rigidity they provide an almost immovable barrier to prevent traffic crossing over into opposite lanes
- To stop unwanted entrance. Again, taking advantage of their weight, you can block vehicles from gaining access to prohibited areas. They can also be used to mark out a perimeter.
- At events as an anti-terror precaution, because they are manufactured to contain vehicles travelling at speed they can mitigate any damage.
- To form part of a robust traffic management system. Their visible and physical presence directs the flow of traffic and ensures vehicles stick to the intended path.
- In any scenario in which employee and public safety are particularly important or at risk including events and construction work.
Why use Border Barriers for concrete crash tested barriers?
- You could have your concrete safety barriers tomorrow - we keep plenty of concrete safety barriers in stock, and with our ‘QuickSafe’ delivery and installation service we will deliver nationwide and install for you the very next day using our own fleet of vehicles.
- Hire or buy - whether concrete barriers are required for one day or to keep, we will help. Every product from Border Barriers is available for both hire and purchase to suit your needs.
- Impressive track record - all products made and supplied by Border Barriers are tested and approved to Highways Agency and Chapter 8 standard for road, site and street work safety. Our products have been used at highly successful events like the 2012 London Olympics and Glastonbury Festival.
We understand it may be difficult working out what items you need, so as well as supply you with the correct products, our friendly and dedicated representatives are more than happy to help work out the best solution for your project. Contact us today to find out more about Border Barriers concrete barriers for sale and for hire. Give us a call on 01228 675 764 for a faster response.